The tangy zest of lemons mingled with blueberries makes the perfect bakery style muffins. Bursting with freshness these muffins are a perfect sweet start to a good morning. Perhaps fruit muffins are also a great way to enjoy the seasonal gems.
You will need;
1 fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup plain yogurt (full fat or low fat)
40 ml vegetable, canola, sunflower, or corn oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Let’s get going;
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Prepare the muffin pan by putting muffin liners, you may use paper liners or aluminum liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the beaten egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract. This makes your wet ingredients ready.
- In another bowl for the dry ingredients; whisk the flour with sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Now, stir in the blueberries.
- With the help of spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until both are combined and moistened. Note that the batter will be thick.
- Evenly fill the muffin liners with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
If you love blueberries you are definitely going to love this treat.
Follow on instagram “ @hirashahzad_ ”