Best ice cream recipes with which to beat the summer heat
Tasty ice cream recipes for you to try out during these hot summer days.
We tell you all about the best ice cream recipes for you to try out this summer. Recipes that are insanely tasty, sweet and above all will keep you cool during these scorching summer days.
What also makes these ice cream recipes unique is how easy they are to make. They only require a couple ingredients and can be made by anyone during their spare time.
So, without further a due, here are some of the best ice cream recipes for you to try out this summer.
1) Banana Ice Cream Sandwich
One of the best summer recipes to have is without a doubt an ice cream sandwich. Simply because it combines two of the sweet dishes together into one; ice cream and cookies.
This particular recipe is a rendition of the original ice cream sandwich and is super tasty. Once you try it, you will certainly not be disappointed.
For the cookie:
- 200g peanut butter (crunchy or smooth is fine)
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 75g dark chocolate , chopped into chunks
- 1 large egg
For thee ice cream:
- 3 bananas , peeled, chopped and frozen in advance
- 2 tbsp. double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4 and line two large baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Then you add peanut butter, sugar, a quarter tsp fine table salt and chocolate chunks to a bowl and mix it well.
- Then you add eggs into the mixture and mix it well before it forms into a dough.
- Then you break the dough apart and place them on the sheet space apart.
- Then you press the cookie with the back of the fork to squash them a little.
- Then put it in the oven and let it bake for 12 minutes until golden around the edges and light colored in the center.
- You then add bananas, cream and vanilla essence into the food processor and let it blend until it becomes a thick ice cream.
- Once the ice cream is made, then scoop the ice cream into a ball, sandwich it between the cookies and your done.
2) Blueberry Ice Cream
There is no treat quite like Blueberry ice cream. It is certainly one of the all time classics and is one of the best summer recipes to try out.
Not to mention it is also the perfect dessert to serve when you have guests around during the summer holidays. If you to want to try and make one of the best summer recipes around, then follow the instructions down below.
- 2 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, blueberries and lemon juice in a saucepan and set the stove to medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil and then mash the berries.
- Puree the blueberry mixture and then strain it through a fresh mesh strainer. After that is done then keep it to the side.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream and vanilla to a medium bowl with a mesh strainer set on top.
- Then put you saucepan on a stove and set it to medium heat. After that you add milk, the remaining heavy cream, sugar and salt to the saucepan.
- Then take a small bowl and whisk egg yolks.
- Once the milk mixture begins to steam, slowly drizzle 1 cup of of warm liquid into the yolks and continue to whisk it.
- Then you add the egg mixture into the saucepan, followed by the blueberry puree. Stir the mixture really well. Let it cook until the back of the spoon is coated in the mixture.
- Then you pour the mixture through a mesh strainer into reserved heavy cream.
- After that you stir the mixture well and let it cool over an ice bath to room temperature.
- Cover it and let is chill for either 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Churn according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer churned ice cream to a freezer safe container. Then you cover it and let it freeze until it becomes solid.
3) Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Here is one of the best summer recipes that you certainly cannot miss out on. It is irresistibly good.
If you are a fan of caramel, then this is the treat for you. One bite of this ice cream and you would be craving some more.
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split open, seeds scraped out
- 8 large egg yolks
- Start of by preparing an ice bath and placing another bowl on top of it.
- After that is done, then pour the milk and the remaining one and a half cups of cream into a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Then you add vanilla bean seeds and pods. Then you wait for the mixture to be warm until you see the steam rising from the top.
- Then you take a medium bowl and add egg yolks. Whisk it well until its uniform. You also the dairy mixture to to the yolks. Only add half of the dairy mixture.
- Then you add the yolk mixture to the remaining milk mixture in the double boiler and stir the caramel.
- Set the heat under the double boiler to medium and cook the custard.
- Continue to stir with a wooden spoon and reduce the heat to medium low as necessary, until the steam begins to rise from the surface and the custard thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- To test if the custard is ready, check it with your fingers. Try running your fingers through the custard. If the trail left stays separated, that means the custard is ready to be cooled down.
- Then you strain the custard into the bowl sitting over the prepared ice bath and stir it for 3-5 minutes until the custard has cooled.
- After this process is complete, you take the custard and transfer it to a quart sized container, keep it covered and let it refrigerate for either four hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into the ice cream maker, add the salted caramel and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Then place the container in which you refrigerated the custard inside the freezer. That way, you can use the container to put the ice cream.
- Afterwards you churn the ice cream until the texture resembles “soft serve”.
- Then place the ice cream into the container and let it freeze until it matches to your desired consistency.
Runway Pakistan is a complete solution provider for all your marketing communications-related requirements. The ultimate hub of infotainment – Runway composes of all the key offerings – Monthly Print Magazine, Digital Magazine, Media Production, Creative Agency, PR Agency, and Marketing Consultancy that a brand needs to be seen, heard, and known!
Like and follow our Facebook page: