Easy Butter Chicken Recipe For Nights You Crave Traditional
This butter chicken recipe is straightforward, but it still has just the right amount of spice. You will crave more of the memorable spicy creaminess!
Yes, we all know living in Pakistan means that foodpanda or restaurant food delivery service is one click away. This also means if you crave traditional food like the much-loved butter chicken, you will have it on your doorstep in just a few minutes.
The taste of having butter chicken made at home with a home recipe is still something else. Butter chicken is a dish loved by all Pakistani, Indians and Afghans but it also made its way to western countries where locals love eating it and discovering the intricate subcontinent taste.
This quick 50-minute butter chicken is creamy and packed full of flavour. It’s simplified and cooked all in one pan and goes great with a side of rice or naan!
Ingredients for Butter Chicken
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
To marinate the Butter Chicken
- 1/2-1 lemon (to taste) juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons of spicy chilli powder
- 200g organic yoghurt
To make the famous Butter Chicken curry
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 big, chopped onion
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- Deseeded and finely sliced one green chilli (optional)
- a thumb-sized piece of grated ginger
- Garam masala, 1 teaspoon
- Ground fenugreek, 2 teaspoons
- 3 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 300 ml of chicken broth
- 50 grammes of toasted almond flake
How to cook the Butter Chicken
- Combine the marinating ingredients with some spice in a medium bowl.
- Mix the chicken with the marinate after chopping it into bite-sized pieces.
- For one hour or overnight, wrap and freeze in the refrigerator.
- Oil should be heated in a sizable, sturdy pot. Add additional seasoning along with the onion, garlic, green chilli, and ginger.
- Sauté for 10 minutes, or until soft, on medium heat.
- After cooking the tomato purée and spices together for 2 more minutes until aromatic, add the broth and chicken that has been marinating.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then stir in any marinate that is still in the bowl. After 5 minutes of simmering, add the toasted almonds.
You can serve the dish with rice, naan bread, some chutney, coriander, and lime wedges.
Runway Pakistan is a complete solution provider for all your marketing communications-related requirements. The ultimate hub of infotainment – Runway composes of all the key offerings – Monthly Print Magazine, Digital Magazine, Media Production, Creative Agency, PR Agency, and Marketing Consultancy that a brand needs to be seen, heard, and known!
Like and follow our Facebook page:
Read our previous article: