Homemade Garlic Bread Pizza Recipe For Winter Dinners
This delicious, unique, and incredibly quick garlic bread pizza dish comes together in just 30 minutes, making it ideal for cold winter nights.
Looking for a simple, enjoyable way to spice up homemade pizza? Substitute readymade garlic bread in place of the dough. This fun mash-up, which makes use of a common grocery store item, offers the saucy, cheesy bliss of your favourite pizza on top of a super-soft, garlic-buttery base. Never again will crusts be thrown away.
While broiling the topped pizza simulates the intense temperature of a conventional pizza oven, creating crispy pepperoni and bubbling caramelised cheese, roasting the garlic bread prior to layering the pizza toppings provides a crispy base and optimum garlicky flavour from the bread’s characteristic topping.
Since a dish essentially consists of three ingredients (garlic bread, sauce, and cheese), it is worth the extra effort to ensure that all three are as wonderful as possible. Unfortunately, most store-bought pizza sauce isn’t very good. This 30-minute recipe for pizza sauce yields more sauce than you’ll need for this particular dish, but you can freeze the leftover for later use or keep it in the fridge for up to a week (until the next pizza night!).
For pizza sauce
- Whole, peeled tomatoes in a single (28-oz) can
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- a half-cup of tomato paste
- 1 tsp. (or more) (or more) Kosher salt
- Oregano, dried, 12 tsp.
- Crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp (optional)
For garlic pizza
- If necessary, cut one (10-oz) loaf of frozen garlic bread in half lengthwise.
- Shredded mozzarella, 1 cup
- 14 slices of pepperoni
- Grated Parmesan, 2 tablespoons
- Crushed red pepper flakes, half a teaspoon (optional)
Preparing the Garlic Bread Pizza
Preparing pizza sauce
- Purée the tomatoes in a blender or food processor until they are primarily smooth.
- Heat oil in a sizable skillet over medium heat.
- For about 30 seconds, while stirring, add the garlic and simmer until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes while continually stirring.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and the tomato purée. Heat to medium-high to bring to a boil, then lower temperature to medium-low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sauce has stiffened and shrunk by about one-third.
- If necessary, taste and add salt and granulated sugar for sweetness.
- Allow to room temperature. Pizza sauce can be prepared five days in advance.
- Allow it completely cool before storing it in a sealed jar to be chilled or frozen for up to one month.
Preparing garlic bread pizza
- Set the oven to 425 degrees. Place the garlic-side-up bread halves on a big baking sheet.
- Bake bread for 9 to 11 minutes, or until heated through and crusty on the edges and bottom.
- Spread 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on each half of the garlic bread. Add mozzarella, then pepperoni and Parmesan, on the top.
- Turn on the broiler. For 3 to 5 minutes, grill the bread till the cheese is bubbling and browned.
- If using, garnish with red pepper flakes. Slice, then dish.
Runway Pakistan is a complete solution provider for all your marketing communications-related requirements. The ultimate hub of infotainment – Runway composes of all the key offerings – Monthly Print Magazine, Digital Magazine, Media Production, Creative Agency, PR Agency, and Marketing Consultancy that a brand needs to be seen, heard, and known!
Like and follow our Facebook page:
Read our previous article: