Feta Cheese Galette For Iftar in Ramadan
Bored of your regular iftar items? Here is a delicious yet quite easy recipe for Feta Cheese Galette which is perfect for Iftar parties as well.
Bored of the same old pakoras and samosas for iftar? Then we are in the same boat and this new and super easy Feta Cheese Galette is the perfect iftar food that will keep you wanting more of it. It is especially for my readers who are the biggest cheese fans and survive on grilled cheese sandwiches all around the year.
It takes around 20 minutes to make Feta Cheese Galette using this recipe and makes around 14 pieces.
For the dough of Feta Cheese Galette
1. 1 cup of instant cooking oats
2. ½ cup of whole wheat flour
3. 2 tbsps (78g) of whole wheat flour
4. Keep extra whole wheat flour for dusting on top
5. ¼ tsp mint leaves or dried thymes
6. ½ cup warm water
7. ¼ tsp salt or according to your taste
8. 1 tsp honey
9. 1 tsp instant yeast
For filling of the Feta Cheese Galette
1. 220g feta cheese in small cubes shape
2. 1 ¾ cup of cherry tomatoes in halves or quarter
3. Pinch of black pepper and chilli flakes
4. ¼ cup chopped up mint or thyme leaves
Method of Preparing Feta Cheese Galette
1. To make the dough: In a medium mixing basin, combine all dough items and mix until a soft dough forms. Spritz the mixture lightly with oil, wrap in saran wrap, and set aside for either 60 minutes or once it has doubled in size.
2. In a small container, combine the filling ingredients and leave them aside.
3. Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) and lightly coat a big baking pan with grease or oil.
4. The dough should be divided into 14 balls (approximately 25 to 26g each).
5. On a lightly floured board, press each round into a 4-inch circle.
6. Place the rounds inside the baking pan that has been prepped. (If you load the galettes elsewhere, it would be difficult to move them.)
7. Fill each crust circle with the filling, allowing a 1-inch edge all the way around, and fold the sides up over the filling to keep it in place.
8. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
Runway Pakistan is a complete solution provider for all your marketing communications-related requirements. The ultimate hub of infotainment – Runway composes of all the key offerings – Monthly Print Magazine, Digital Magazine, Media Production, Creative Agency, PR Agency, and Marketing Consultancy that a brand needs to be seen, heard, and known!
Like and follow our Facebook page:
Read our previous article: